Unizin is seeking an Associate Product Manager to help define, and grow to own, the data tier products of the Unizin Data Platform. These include solutions in support of learning analytics research, data product development, application development, and enterprise reporting for a next generation teaching and learning ecosystem.
You are expected to have a deep technical understanding of data tier platforms and services, as well as a track record of solutioning, implementing, or building data tier products.
As a product manager, you will become responsible for defining, developing, and delivering our data tier products. Following our product management methodologies, you will: conduct research to define and validate product requirements; face developer/technologist customers; guide QA, test, and defect management processes; and maintain documentation. You will also keep processes in flight and stakeholders informed.
This full-time position based in Austin, TX will report to the Director of Product Management and work closely with the Chief Data Architect.
Unizin is a membership-based, not-for-profit organization with a mission to improve higher education teaching and learning experiences. Our aim is to shape the ways in which higher education is best served, promote teaching and learning innovation, share best practices, and enable the best learner analytics.
- Assist with developing a product portfolio strategy serving an emerging technology ecosystem for teaching and learning
- Work with the Chief Data Architect and Engineering to understand, inform, and use Unizin's Data Platform
- Investigate new technologies and software to meet new business requirements, as well as improve existing systems and processes
- Conduct technical webinars & customer outreach
- Define business and product requirements
- Gather requirements via interviews, analytics, research, communications, and other methods
- Analyze product requirements across several domains including design, engineering, QA/test, and support services
- Decompose requirements into tasks and development milestones with engineering staff
Project & Release Management
- Estimate work-effort for projects, forecast timelines, and measure against estimates
- Identify, document, and communicate release candidates
- Assist in coordinated production release processes
- Prepare and deliver training to internal staff and institutions, as necessary
- Own and assist with creation of product documentation
- Support quality assurance to write functional/system/load/scale and data test plans based on product requirements
- Assist QA, Services, and other team members with issue diagnosis, resolution, root cause analysis, and application support
- 4+ years solutioning, implementing, or building data and analytics solutions
- Deep technical understanding of data tier platforms and services
- Professional experience with SQL
- Strong technical skills and readiness to continue using them as a product manager
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, teamwork, and communications skills
- Higher Education experience is a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible working hours
- Open vacation policy
All candidates are encouraged to apply.
Unizin respects diversity and relies on our employees' varied backgrounds and perspectives to spark innovation.