Unizin is seeking a Technical Support Specialist to join our team in Austin, Texas.
We are a not-for-profit organization funded by member university investments and governed by those institutions with a mission to improve student success through digital teaching and learning. We are committed to advancing the state of the art in the instructional content, teaching and learning experiences, data and learning analytics, and standards.
This role provides Tier 2 support to users of Unizin services and products at member universities (clients) in the form of direct consulting, implementation, administration, instruction, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and documentation.
- Works with little supervision developing plans and delivering services
- Provides technical and professional leadership for Unizin Implementation and Support Services staff
- Provides expert technical analysis of day-to-day support tickets for Unizin products and services
- Actively participates in discussions regarding Unizin products and services and the support infrastructure necessary for their use
What you will do;
- 30% Provides Implementation Services to client institutions adopting Unizin products and services including consultation, training, and documentation as needed
- 10% Provides Training Services client Tier 1 support staff and serves as client consultant by providing service information, and technical expertise
- 40% Delivers Tier 2 Support Services to client institutions, performs troubleshooting, participates in root cause analysis, and other investigation into defects and support tickets reported by users in support of escalation to Tier 3 support
- 10% Performs project planning, formulating objectives, preparing proposals, and developing support materials to ensure support readiness
- 5% Prepares service system requirements and researches vendors. Selects best alternative and implements with little or no review by management
- 5% Maintains Unizin responsiveness by providing a wide variety of customer services on an ad hoc basis.
Qualifications you need;
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of experience in a technical service and support capacity for a cloud-based software company
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience designing and delivering product and technical training
- Experience writing product and technical user documentation
- Technical skills required;
- Data tier troubleshooting – relational databases, file systems, NoSQL stores
- Cloud infrastructure troubleshooting – AWS and GCP managed services
- An understanding of development and ability to communicate with Engineering effectively
- Strong desire and interest to keep abreast of ever present technological changes.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are required, as is an excellent customer service attitude
- Is a team player working with peers and staff to provide technical solutions to Unizin member institutions and their users
Technical exposure that would make you stand out;
- Canvas LMS
- Data warehousing / Data marts
Decisions you will make;
People in this position provide advice and recommendations to the manager regarding acquisition, use and deployment of tools and systems for services. Administer and manage systems that are utilized by services; facilitate change management on those systems.
Impact of your work;
The Technical Support Specialist will impact the Unizin client base by enabling them to efficiently and effectively gain maximum benefit from our products and services. You will impact the Unizin Product team by providing feedback on the products and services and suggesting improvements. You will impact the Marketing team by providing insights into member successes.
All candidates are encouraged to apply. Unizin respects diversity and relies on our employees' varied backgrounds and perspectives to spark innovation.