Senior UX/UI Designer
- Full Time
- Mid Level
This is a remote position.
Unizin is seeking a highly motivated Senior UX/UI Designer to oversee and drive the internal development of its marketplace solutions. This person will be a self-starter who is organized, a fast learner, and has a passion for higher education and technology.
As the Senior UX/UI Designer, you will lead, organize, execute and evaluate the usage of Unizin's ordering and bookshelf applications. This work has become increasingly important for our member universities who seek technology solutions and partnerships to enable digital teaching and learning at scale. At the same time, your work directly benefits nearly 1 million students by improving their educational experience.
This full-time position is entirely remote and will report directly to the CEO. All candidates are encouraged to apply. Candidate must provide a link to their online portfolio to be considered. Unizin not only deeply values inclusion and diversity, but we also rely on our employees' varied backgrounds and perspectives to spark innovation.
What you'll do:
- Work in a highly collaborative and cross-functional environment
- Review and provide feedback on product requirements, priorities, and the product roadmap with the Product Manager and Engineering Lead
- Develop a strategy to conduct generative and evaluative UX research on Unizin's Marketplace solutions
- Produce wireframes, prototypes, user journey maps, and other synthesized study results
- Use Figma to develop high-fidelity UI designs that represent the product design
- Work closely with the Engineering team to help drive alignment on the UX expectations
- Collaborate with the Services team to troubleshoot, conduct root cause analysis, and offer solutions for support tickets
- Work with the Product Manager to help define and measure project KPIs
- Recommend priorities and features to the Product Manager by offering convincing, data-driven analysis of product engagement, use cases, and feedback from our member institutions
We'd love it if you have:
- A bachelor's degree in a technical and/or business discipline, or some professional experience working with technology and collaborating on a team. Bonus points for professional or internship experience in product management or data analysis
- Experience or interest in working on a small, agile team with high ambiguity
- An ability to stay organized, effectively prioritize, and drive processes to successful conclusions. You know how to keep things moving by asking questions, discussing blockers, and helping out when needed
- Experience in or are interested in HTML, CSS, and ReactJS
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite design tools
- Experience in developing email templates and design
- Applying brand identity & guidelines across multiple products and platforms
- Understand and practice heuristic user experience design principles
- Knowledgeable in Responsive Web Design (RWD)
- Experience using ATOMic design systems structures to create dynamic and flexible designs
- Strong communication skills. You can clearly and thoughtfully translate complex technical concepts for non-technical stakeholders both verbally and in writing
- An ability to collaborate with and influence teams. You have experience working with others and are often the one to motivate others to do their best work
- Creativity, resourcefulness, and self-drive. You enjoy the freedom to get the job done with minimal guidance, often finding creative solutions to problems
What we offer:
- A smart team dedicated to solving tough challenges in a mission-driven space
- Culture of mentorship and professional development
- Competitive salary
- Company-paid medical, dental, and optical insurance
- Retirement savings plan (403B) with a generous match on a two-year vesting schedule
- Open PTO
- Work-from-home reimbursement
- Regular team on-site and remote team-bonding activities
- Flexible hours
Unizin is a nonprofit consortium of public research universities working together to accelerate and scale the digital transformation of their academic mission. We build products and services that make education more equitable and accessible for over a million students nationwide by collaborating to advance the use of digital content, data, and analytics in the context of teaching and learning.
Unizin is also a small team of product, engineering, services, and supporting staff. Unizin is fully funded by the investments of our membership for a sustainable mission to enable the next generation digital learning environments and ecosystem. We operate like a startup inside a collaborative consortium of substantial scale and resources. Visit our website to learn more.
Unizin is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Unizin is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or gender identity. Accommodations will be provided to any candidate with special needs requesting such.