- Full Time
- Mid Level
This is a remote position.
Unizin is seeking a Product Manager to own its product portfolio, including marketplace solutions and data solutions. This person will have experience working closely with Engineering, Services, and UX to define, prioritize, and drive the development of cloud-based solutions. This person will also have experience executing on a product roadmap and winning buy-in from key stakeholders.
As the Product Manager, your work will directly contribute to our mission of enabling higher education institutions to plan, manage, and scale the digital transformation of their academic mission in a dynamic environment. This work has become increasingly important for our member universities, which seek technology solutions and partnerships to enable data-informed digital teaching and learning at scale. At the same time, your work directly benefits nearly 1 million students by improving their educational experience.
This full-time position is remote and reports to the Chief Technology Officer. All candidates are encouraged to apply. Unizin not only deeply values inclusion and diversity, but we also rely on our employees' varied backgrounds and perspectives to spark innovation.
What you'll do:
- Become an expert in Unizin's marketplace solutions, data solutions, and our end-users.
- Partner with the Chief Technology Officer to champion the product vision, build and refine the product roadmap, coordinate resources across the product portfolio.
- Conduct product and market research to identify opportunities, partners, and technologies to meet business needs.
- Collaborate with partners by representing the voice of our end-users, coordinating efforts, and developing solutions.
- Develop product requirements that can be translated into development tasks, describe trade-offs and edge cases, and makes a case for the proposed solution.
- Collaborate with Engineering by communicating priorities and determining work plans to ensure the timely and incremental delivery of value to our end-users.
- Collaborate with Services by evaluating and prioritizing end-user feedback, creating and reviewing documentation, and planning and executing QA tasks.
- Ensure that your cross-functional peers are not blocked in their work by coordinating efforts and providing hands-on support where needed.
We'd love it if you have:
- A bachelor's degree in a technical and or business discipline.
- 3+ years of product management experience, including formal and informal experience leading the product development of web-based, SaaS solutions.
- Experience or interest in working on a small, agile team with high ambiguity.
- An ability to stay organized, effectively prioritize, and drive processes. You know how to keep things moving by asking questions, discussing blockers, and helping out when needed.
- Strong communication skills. You can clearly and thoughtfully translate complex technical concepts for non-technical stakeholders both verbally and in writing.
- An ability to collaborate with and influence teams. You have experience working with others and are often the one to motivate others to do their best work.
- Creativity, resourcefulness, and self-drive. You enjoy the freedom to get the job done with minimal guidance, often finding creative solutions to problems.
- Strong opinions about what makes a great product and how to build them.
What we offer:
- Smart team working on tough challenges in a mission-driven space
- Culture of mentorship and professional development
- Competitive salary
- Company-paid medical, dental, and optical insurance
- Retirement savings plan (403B) with a generous match on a two-year vesting schedule
- Open PTO
- Work-from-home reimbursement
- Regular team onsite and remote team-bonding activities
- Flexible hours
Unizin is a nonprofit consortium of public research universities working together to accelerate and scale the digital transformation of their academic mission. We build products and services that make education more equitable and accessible for over a million students nationwide by collaborating to advance the use of digital content, data, and analytics in the context of teaching and learning.
Unizin includes a small team of product, engineering, services, and supporting staff. We are fully funded by the investments of our membership for a sustainable mission to enable the next generation digital learning environments and ecosystem. We are a startup inside a collaborative of substantial scale and resources. Visit our website to learn more.
Unizin is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.